The East African Diabetes Study Group (EADSG) is an organization committed to reducing the burden of diabetes in East Africa and beyond, by providing health care professionals with scientific information and educational initiatives designed to translate research into effective clinical practice.
Effectively managing diabetes requires both day-to-day disease management and up-to-date information on new discoveries and evolving therapies. The EADSG hopes to develop a wide-range of diabetes-related programs and materials to help healthcare professionals stay on top of new information, including short courses in epidemiology and translational research.
The EADSG diabetes programs will support, highlight, and promote practical guidelines for patient education and management as well as cutting-edge research in diabetes pathophysiology and treatment by addressing such issues as:
- Epidemiology, etiology, and pathophysiology of both type 1 and type 2 diabetes
- Intensive therapeutic guidelines and management strategies to reduce complications of diabetes
- Patient education and self-management
- Treatment options for type 1 and type 2 diabetes
- Trends in diabetes research
EADSG receives funding for its educational activities from multiple sources, including pharma.