The East Africa Diabetes Study Group Congress welcomes original abstracts on subjects relevant to the following:
- Basic and Clinical Science in Diabetes and its Complications
- Education and Integrated Care in Diabetes
- Living with Diabetes
- Public Health and Epidemiology focusing on Diabetes and its Complications
Abstract submission opens 1st Sep 2017
Abstract submission deadline 15th Feb 2018, Midnight East African Standard Time
Abstract submission is only possible online at http://www.eadsg.org. The online abstract submission module will NOT be available after Midnight 31 January 2018.
Submitting author / Presenting author: If the submitting author is not also the presenting author, the submitting author is responsible for informing the presenting author of all communications received regarding the abstract.
Number of submissions: There can only be ONE presenting author per abstract. The same abstract CANNOT be submitted multiple times by listing different presenting authors. An unlimited number of abstracts can be submitted and presented by an individual.
Language: All abstracts must be submitted in English. Should English not be your first language, you may wish to have your abstract examined by a native English speaker prior to submission.
Disclosure of interests: Any financial relationships with commercial entities related to the products or processes described in the work must be correctly disclosed.
Regulatory approval: The submitting author confirms that local regulatory approval has been obtained as required by local laws.
Author consent: The submitting author declares all authors have read and approved the submitted work.
Copyright transfer: Authors must attest that their submitted work does not infringe any copyright legislation. Copyright for the publication of abstracts is automatically transferred to the East Africa Diabetes Study Group Congress upon submission and acceptance of the regulations within the online submission module. For rejected abstracts, the copyright reverts back to the authors
Abstract title: The title is limited to 120 characters including spaces and should be brief and relevant. Special characters should NOT be used in your title but spelt out instead (e.g. α should be written as alpha, β as beta). Only use standard abbreviations and generic drug names in the title.
Authors: Only 12 authors and/or study groups can be listed. Only one institution can be entered per author.
- Structure the abstract, if applicable, to include aims,
- Font size and style will be automatically configured by the system
- Tables will be accepted in the submission field
- The length of the abstract is limited to 2500 characters
- Only commonly accepted abbreviations should be used
- Only approved and generic (non-proprietary) drug names should be used
- Do NOT enter the title, authors, or grant information into the methods, results and discussion/conclusion.
Selection and notification process
- Selection: All submitted abstracts undergo a peer-review process by an international panel of reviewers. Accepted abstracts are selected for oral presentation or poster display. The Programme Committee reserves the right to accept or reject any submitted abstract and re-categorise any accepted abstract. The decision of the Programme Committee is final and irrevocable.
- Notification: Notice of acceptance or rejection of submitted abstracts will be sent to the submitting authors by 15 February 2018. It is the responsibility of the submitting author to inform all other authors of the status of the abstract. A submitting author may also check their congress profile to see the status of the abstract.
- Author Registration: Presenting authors of accepted abstracts MUST register for the EADSG2018 Congress by Midnight 1 March 2018, East African Standard Time. If the entire registration fee is not paid by the deadline, the abstract will be automatically withdrawn and will NOT be presented or published. Presenting authors and submitting authors of all abstracts, accepted or rejected, are entitled to the early registration rate until 1 March 2018.
Posters selected for EADSG2018 Congress will be displayed every day near the the exhibition floor of the congress venue. We aim to provide all accepted abstracts with the ideal platform to gain maximum exposure.